Monday, April 1, 2013

March Beauty Favorites


This will be a small post, as I don't have a lot of beauty stuff to post about! I guess I've taken a more minimal approach (or rather, a more time-restrained approach) on makeup this month now that I've gone back to uni...long hours there and little time to get ready don't give for a lot of beauty favorites! //
Este va a ser un post pequeño porque no tengo muchos favoritos en cuanto a belleza! Creo que he tomado un acercamiento más minimalista (o mejor dicho, un acercamiento más restringido de tiempo) en mi maquillaje este mes ahora que volví a la universidad...largas horas allá y poco tiempo para arreglarme en la mañana no dan para muchos favoritos de belleza!

1. Model's Own Lip & Cheek Tint. I only wear this as a lip tint - as much as I tried, it just didn't blend well with my cheeks! That said, I love this as a lip tint. Let's just say reapplying my lip gloss isn't a priority when you're running around from class to class - I put it on in the mornings and don't have to reapply throughout the day. //
Solo lo uso en los labios - por más que he tratado, nunca queda bien en mis mejillas! Pero amo esto como una tintura de labios. Estar reaplicando mi labial no es una prioridad cuando estás corriendo de clase a clase - me lo pongo en la mañana y no tengo que volver a ponerme nada durante todo el día.
 
2. Lubriderm Extra Moisturizing Cream. My hands have been so dry to the point that my knuckles were cracked, and I don't know why (it's not like it was winter in here!). I used to use the Nivea SOS Repair, but even that wasn't helping. Luckily, my nanny came in to the rescue, and told me to try the Lubriderm Extra Moisturizing Cream and I immediately noticed a difference - my knuckles look normal now! //
Mis manos han estado tan secas que llegaron al punto en que mis nudillos estaban con heridas y no se porqué - no es como que hubiéramos estado en invierno!) Antes usaba la crema SOS Repair de Nivea pero ni eso me estaba funcionando. Por suerte llegó mi nana al rescate y me dijo que probara esta crema y noté inmediatamente la diferencia - mis nudillos por fin se ven normales!

3. Essence Eyebrow Designer in 02. Brown. I featured this on my last post (a mini Easter haul) and I really love the difference it makes in my eyebrows - full eyebrows really make you need less makeup. //
Ya había mostrado este lápiz en mi haul pasado, y de verdad amo la diferencia que hace en mis cejas - es verdad que unas cejas bien definidas hace que necesites menos maquillaje.

4. Garnier Caffeine Eye Rollon. Change of season and I get allergies, so my eyes have been drier than usual. I love the soothing cooling sensation after I put in on. //
Cambia la estación y comienzo con mis alergias, así que mis ojos están mucho más secos que de costumbre. Amo la sensación refrescante que me da después de ponermelo.

5. Cyzone Big-n-Eacy Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in (from left to right) Cymply Lily, Cracy Brunette and Fancy Green. This is all I've been wearing in my eyes this month. I use the pale lilac as a subtle highlighter, the green as a light wash of color all over the lid and along the waterline, and some of the brown in the crease to give some definition. //
Esto es lo único que he estado usando en mis ojos por todo el mes. Uso el lila pálido como un brillo sutil en mis lagrimales, el verde en todo el párpado y un poco del café en el pliege para dar un poco de definición.

So those are my March favorites! What have you been loving this month? //
Y esos son mis favoritos de Marzo! Qué has estado amando este mes?

14 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about the Model's Own Cheek and Lip Tint, I would love to try it! Great items(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! By the way, love your Beautiful Creatures boxset!

    raspberry-notes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried a lip tint but I want to now :-) Also, you are so right about having eye brows done and needing less makeup! I like to get mine tinted and shaped and that makes getting ready so much faster.. plus there's the bonus of looking done up without your makeup!

    Fashion Burger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I didn't know you could tint your eyebrows :P I should look to see if someone here does it

      Delete
  4. gracias por tu comment :)
    has probado el lip/cheek tint de the body shop? ese si me funciono en las mejillas

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  5. That models own tint looks amazing!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica hope you are doing great and you had a beautiful weekend and happy easter if you celebrate Easter.
    I also use the Lubriderm Extra Moisturizing Cream. It's great!
    Hugs from Toronto
    Claudia P.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great Easter too! :) That cream is just a life saver, isn't it?

      Delete
  7. You should! I'd recommend a version of the book that has the different houses and who's in each family in the back...it can get confusing!

    ReplyDelete