Sunday, September 1, 2013

Books to Read



 
I've been on a spending ban for quite a while now, specially when it comes to books. I have this huge pile to read, and with going back to uni there come other expenses (mainly printing) that need to be prioritized. So this is the list of books I'll be reading before I buy any more. If you want a review of any of them, leave a comment below! :

1) The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I only bought this one because I wanted to buy a new book (here in Chile the selection of books in English is terrible) and I had just seen Easy A.

2) The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I was halfway reading this about a year ago while at the beach, when a wave hit us and the poor book got wet. Because it's so huge it spent at least a two weeks out in the sun before drying out completely, and by that time I had already started reading something else and forgotten nearly all of the story.

3) The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. I also started reading this one, but I'm a traitor when it comes to books - I just change whenever I find something more exciting to read.

4) Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. This was my Christmas present. I had started reading Les Mis while I was at school, but since it was a library loan it meant that I had to 'return' it and check it out again every three days, I gave up. Now that I have my own copy I can finally read it at my own pace!

5) London Bridges by James Patterson. I found this one on a sort of car boot sale, it was the only book they had and it happened to be in English, so I quickly picked it up. I've had it for a couple of years, though, and still haven't cracked it open, and that needs to change.

Do you have any books that you've been planning to read but are still sitting on your bookshelf?







4 comments:

  1. My sister lent me Looking for Alaska ages ago and I really need to get round to reading it! I'd love to give these a read too x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read Looking for Alaska! I've heard it's really good :)

      Delete
  2. I've read The Scarlet Letter, it's hard reading but very good!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I think I'll give it a go when I finish Les Mis :)

      Delete